Queenstown Associated Football Club
Coach: Danniel Bocatios
Queenstown Men’s (locally and nationally known) as Rovers compete in the Football South Premier league competition.
Our Men’s environment has a proud reputation for being probably the most internationally diverse club in New Zealand having had player’s from many foreign national represent the club over many years.
We are equally proud of our ability to develop players to international standard.
The Rovers Men’s have had player’s represent the club, who in recent times have gone on and represented NZ at FIFA U23 World cups in Willem Ebbinge and Oli Ceci.
The Rovers also have the honor of helping Andrew Mobberley represent Samoa.
Coach: Holly Alldred
Queenstown women’s team, affectionately known as the “Rovers” was established in 2009. The team play in the Dunedin Womens Premier League, which means dedication, resilience and a true love of the game are prerequisites for our players. A true testament to those traits is evident in the fact we finished second in the league in both 2018 and 2020.
The diversity of Queenstown population is reflected in our team – in addition to our local home grown talent players from every corner of the world can be heard to shout “Grande objetivo” – “Ottimo obiettvio” – and “Great Goal “.
Everyone is welcome at the Rovers.
Coach: Steve Henderson
Steve Henderson joined the Rovers last century (1999). As a player he has surpassed more than 300 1st team games for the club.
He has continued with the club as Player Coach, Head Coach, assistant Coach, manager, Committee member, and his favourite task of match day ball boy “the only job I actually want”.
From Hamilton, playing 1st team football from age 15 at Cambridge Utd, and following to Roslyn Wakari FC during tertiary study, the experience of a grass roots football life here in NZ always is the grounding for ensuring our youth players are given the best possible experiences.
He also currently Coaches the Wakatipu HS 1st XI.
In 2023 we have re-introduced a reserve team, playing in the Central Otago Football League Division One, under the name “QAFC Youth”.
YOUTH – Football South development league (FSDL)
Coach: Mark Ford
Mark Ford has recently been coaching the Womens Premier Team but has now stepped into our Youth setup.
The Football South Development League (FSDL) is a competitive league designed to develop footballers by improving both the technical and tactical understanding of the game playing against the best players in the lower South Island at the u15 level.
These teams will be run like a professional academy and coached by Mark Ford, a respected and qualified coach who has been with the club for many years.
Coaches, Managers & Sponsors 2023
- Adam Feeley – 15.1
- Marcelo Guimaraes Santos – 13.1
- Dan Freeman / Tracey Cameron – 13.2
- Mark Dooley – 13.3 Pak n Save
- Matt Groves / Carly Blackbourn – 13.4 Fowler Homes
- Clark Pirie / Cheryl O’Connell – 11.1
- Alan Grant – 11.2 Classic Builders
- Gareth Edwards – 11.3
- AJ Harford-Brown – 10.1
- Martin Langford – 10.2
- Karl Walker – 10.3 Kent Wilkins Electrical
- Sean Sutton / Grant Hammond – 9.1
- Craig Mawdsley – 9.2
- Graeme Smith / Nathan Johnston – 8.1
- Joe Davis – 8.2 JD Painting & Decorating
- Cameron Fraser / Bjorn de Nijs – 8.3 BDO
- Tash Doyle / Scott Julian – 7.1 (GO)
- Zoe Albon – 7.2 (GO)
- Nick Troon / James Young – 7.1 Southern Land
- Simon Boland – 7.2
- Andrew Blackford – 7.3
- Paulo Viana – 6.1
- Shane Etches / Gemma Carter – 6.2 Southern Civil Consulting
Pre-season training will begin in February This is adding value to our offering to those super keen. Teams will be allocated in late March / early April.
- Training: Every Wednesday 4-5pm from 22nd Feb to 28th June (excl. Easter Holidays).
- Training will be on grass between Five Mile and the rear of the Event Centre (Pitches 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B) – https://queenstownfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/QEC-Campus-Map-scaled.jpg
- Weekend Games: Every Sunday from 23rd April for 11 weeks – in either Queenstown, Cromwell, Alexandra or Wanaka
2023 Game Weeks & Draw
Week 1 – Sunday April 23rd – Wanaka – Draw
Week 2 – Sunday April 30th – Queenstown – Draw
Week 3 – Sunday May 7th – Alexandra – Draw
Week 4 – Sunday May 14th – Cromwell – Draw
Week 5 – Sunday May 21st – Wanaka – Draw
Week 6 – Sunday May 28th – Queenstown – Draw
Week 7 – Sunday June 4th – Alexandra – Draw
Week 8 – Sunday June 11th – Cromwell – Draw
Week 9 – Sunday June 18th – Wanaka – Draw
Week 10 – Sunday June 25th – Queenstown – Draw
Week 11 – Sunday July 2nd – Alexandra – Draw